Help please! very very very urgent

Using the Java SDK with TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

gauri008

Help please! very very very urgent

Post by gauri008 »

Now call me stupid or not, but i 'accidentally' deleted all the three 'Java SDK tools' from Preferences--> Tools

Now, I cannot compile my java applet or application

Please help!!! Coz i have an exam coming up in 1 day!!!!

also...if answer lies in reinstalling SDK or JDK...how do i do that??

as u see m a complete novice at this.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Thanks!!!!
kitimat

java

Post by kitimat »

Does this help?

The Java FAQ can be viewed here:

http://www.textpad.com/support/faq/java.html
Nicholas Jordan

delete and re-add to tp menu

Post by Nicholas Jordan »

trying to run java from the command line is vexing at best, it is extremely good that tp has made a way to get the registry entries - it seems that the env_vars stuff was really designed by and intended for the Mighty Penguin.

This exam in one day is someting that takes a while to learn how to avoid it, there is poor results from trying to fix things in a hurry, I heard of one individual who repaired his hd file table by manually digging through crash dump information and tweaking through the kernel bit by bit.

I am putting here, so that others can see, you need to practice this a few times before you need it.

Manually delete the tp commands to run Java and javac.exe, then re-install them using nothing more that how-to's posted on tp website or in the help files. You only need to practice this about twice and you can remember it even when you are in the situation portrayed by poster.....

With multi-gig hard drives available at commodity pricing, you can archive all work that any human could ever do in a lifetime as uncompressed text, be ti utf-8, utf-16, Unihan or plain 7-bit us ascii.........there is a great deal of work that can be recovered in a short time from stuff way back using the speed, power and memory capabilites of TP if you have in fact been writing code extensively.

You just delete the run java / javac command then put it back. That's fast, easy and effective, it only takes a few minutes to gain the skill.
gauri008

Post by gauri008 »

thanks kitmat and Nicholas....problem solved!
f.y.i my exams went very well! :D :)