Minimize to Systray

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

VoxEcho

Minimize to Systray

Post by VoxEcho »

HAzzah! finally! the long awaited upgrade :D

i'm so happy i could dance :D however...

- i use the minimize to systray feature and had once requested that you could show the workspace name (if applicable) in the tool tip of the icon so we know which workspace it is. (i often have several open) this didn't happen :(

- on the other hand... i noticed that you made using the systray option more annoying. before i just had to click an icon to open it, now i have to click and choose restore!!??!! what's up with that? if you want to add the option to close a minimized instance, couldn't that be on a RIGHT CLICK as would be the standard behaviour of a systray icon?

-Echo
Why yes, I do program in Comic Sans
tarraccas

Post by tarraccas »

I agree. I haven't done it yet, but I'm always a little concerned about hitting "Exit" now when bringing TP back up.
~T
oneto

Post by oneto »

I feel better to see that I not the only one missing the old behavior :P !
CodeBase

Post by CodeBase »

This was one of the first things I noticed about v5. How aggravating that I have to click twice. :x Helios: please put this back!! Left-click = open TextPad. Right-click = open context menu.
Estragon

Post by Estragon »

I agree, this is no improvement. Before, I could click to restore then click to close. So I had to do one to two clicks, depending on what I wanted.

Now I have to do two clicks, no matter what I want to do.

See also another post about this, "Double Click System Tray ICON to restore TextPad". Nothing new there, either.