fixed tab positions.

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

macouno

fixed tab positions.

Post by macouno »

I find myself using the tabs all the time and not the old style document selector. And I found a tiny little annoyance. Basicly if you open a new file there's a new tab created on the left and the tabs for the documents that you already have opened are moved to the right.

At some point this means that every time you want to change docs you have to look for the right tab, which can get a bit cumbersome. I suggest new docs are added on the right, so that the ones you already have open stay in the same spot (relatively)... I think that would improve workflow.
alexvo

Post by alexvo »

I agree with macouno, newly opened documents should be placed on the right side of the tabs that are already open.

This was the case with version 4 of Textpad (and before?), with version 5 dragable tabs where introduced, great upgrade! But please place new opened document on the right side, or let the user decide with an option where te place new documents tabs.
zhak

Post by zhak »

As stated, we need a couple of user options on the location of new tabs. I personally would like the new tab to open to the right of the current tab.