Cannot tile windows if "Document Tabs" is turned o

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

brunodomingues

Cannot tile windows if "Document Tabs" is turned o

Post by brunodomingues »

I use document tabs as default and need to tile windows to compare or pass code from one file to another, on Textpad 4 this worked fine but on 5 no longer allows tile with this option on.

To use tile I have to turn off the "Document Tabs" option.

I think this is a bug or do you plan to make Tile possible soon under these conditions?
dixonc

Post by dixonc »

According to this thread it's not a bug:

http://www.textpad.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8247

but I agree it limits the use of the tabs for me :(
ScottMacInnes

Post by ScottMacInnes »

I find v5's disabling of Window Tile options when Document Tabs are on a step backwards from v4.7.3
dak

Post by dak »

ScottMacInnes wrote:I find v5's disabling of Window Tile options when Document Tabs are on a step backwards from v4.7.3
Agreed! I'll never understand why they have fiddled with a user interface that the user base was used to. What were they thinking?
morteda

Post by morteda »

this is what i was going to post but found this related topic. seems like if they just threw in a button to minimize/restore it would make this go away. it's there for the document selector so shouldn't be too hard to make those buttons be there for the document tabs?

condensed version of: http://forum.textpad.com/viewtopic.php?t=8349
sorry did not see that this is likely where i should have posted...
-----
"When 'Document Tabs' is deselected you have two buttons in the upper right just under the main minimize/maximize/close program buttons. They are titled 'Restore Window' and 'Close Window'. When you select 'Document Tabs' these two buttons go away which is not optimal."
-----
another user posted 'ALT+-'|Restore is a work-around but basic users will likely be frustrated by this and not look to forums for a solution. keeping the program both simple and advanced has been your forte but hope suggestions like this continue to improve the product.
Les meilleurs souvenirs sont ceux que l'on a oubliés // The best memories are those we have forgotten // _Alfred Capus