FindTag 2.0 beta 2 (ctags add-on) has been released

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Frank Fesevur

FindTag 2.0 beta 2 (ctags add-on) has been released

Post by Frank Fesevur »

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know I just released a new version of my free ctags add-on for TextPad. It can be very useful for you, when you use TextPad to program in a popular programming language.

It creates a so called tags file that can be used to navigate through your sources. This small tool can help you to jump to a selected function / variable / class / etc in you code by pressing just one key!

It can be found at a new location: http://findtag.sourceforge.net

This version adds two new modes: FileTags and TagBack. A simple code complete is also planned for version 2.0

For a full version history see the documentation that is in the download.

Regards,
Frank Fesevur
OrbMan

multiple paths...

Post by OrbMan »

This is a really nice add-on. One thing it is missing, for me, is the ability to specify more than two directory paths that it searches (one in the tool config, and one in Findtags). Because of the way my development environment is set up, I need to search at least 4 different paths in order to be sure I will find a given function. Is there any way to do this with the current version?
Frank Fesevur

Re: multiple paths...

Post by Frank Fesevur »

OrbMan wrote:This is a really nice add-on. One thing it is missing, for me, is the ability to specify more than two directory paths that it searches (one in the tool config, and one in Findtags). Because of the way my development environment is set up, I need to search at least 4 different paths in order to be sure I will find a given function. Is there any way to do this with the current version?
No unfortunatly not, but it is on the to-do list. If you know C++ yourself you can add it. It is open source :-)
Frank Fesevur
Dutch Translator
neurotwit

ctags.cnf

Post by neurotwit »

I was able to get this set up for my PHP project but it wasn't finding my include files (.inc) because that extension isn't mapped to PHP by CTAGS. After lots of playing around I was able to fix the problem by creating a ctags.cnf file with the following line:

Code: Select all

--language-force=PHP

Note that you need to have a carriage return for it to work.

I have the ctags add-in setup to work with my workspace so I was able to put the ctags.cnf file in my project root (same place as my workspace (.tws) file). This way the scope of ctags.cnf only effects the current project. It also works with the ctags.cnf file in the file root (i.e. c:\) if you're after a global change.