General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Ozymandias

TextPad 4.5 in WinXP

Post by Ozymandias »

Couple of things here :

TextPad 4.2 does not display line numbering in XP so I upgraded to 4.5
Now in 4.5......

1) Some of the keyword highlighting does not work. In ASP words in [Keywords 2] do not seem to get highlighted.

2) The vertical scroll bar stops working intermittently. I can scroll using the cursor but not the scroll bar. Sometimes it will disappear altogether (or rather become transparent so I can see the desktop through it). It will eventually comeback if I keep minimizing and maximizing the window or if I split the screen.

Anyone else seen the "features" ?
Scott Duffy

Re: TextPad 4.5 in WinXP

Post by Scott Duffy »

Yes I've seen similar things in Windows XP with 4.5. The vertical scrollbar problems are particularly annoying.
Ed Hansberry

Post by Ed Hansberry »

Has anyone else had a problem with seeing what is highlighted after a FIND? The color is so light in XP. If I cancel the Find dialog box, the highlight becomes a darker shade of gray.

This is on a high resolution LCD monitor with ClearType enabled.
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

Yeah, I have this too.
Same setup, Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop with 15.1 inch UXGA Screen running at 1400x1050.

I got round this by changing the color scheme for my documents.
In Configure/Preferences/DocumentClasses/[Filetype]/Colors set the "Selected text (no focus)" color to something darker and it works fine.

Cheers.
Ed Hansberry

Post by Ed Hansberry »

Perfect. Thanks. I set it in the DEFAULT type so it was system wide. :-)
lijil

Post by lijil »

So has there been any confirmation on the scrollbar bug? I have it as well, on the horizontal scrollbar under XP. The only workaround I've found is to close and reopen the document.
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

I haven't seen a fix or found a workaround.
Jake

Post by Jake »

FWIW, ditto on the vertical scroll bar bug using WinXP (Home)..sure is annoying. (4.7.2)