Highlight current line - Similar to UltraEdit

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

elevine68

Highlight current line - Similar to UltraEdit

Post by elevine68 »

Good morning,

Does anyone know if it is possible to enable TextPad to hightlight the current line of text, the line with which the cursor is currently sitting on, similar to the functionality of UltraEdit. It is a nice feature for long lines of code.

Thanks in advance.
SecondToughest

Can we get an official reply on this?

Post by SecondToughest »

I've seen several threads about this topic. I'm in the same boat - I love TextPad but I really like the current line highlight option in UltraEdit. Between that and the FTP functionality built into UE, I find myself using both when I really rather use just TP (the superior overall product IMHO).

Can someone from TextPad comment on whether current line highlighting is planned for a future release? I have read in another post that FTP fuctionality is in the pipe, so that's good news.

ST
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

Current line highlighting has been implemented for the next release. This will take the form of a minor update, so will be free to existing customers. Please don't ask when, but it is nearing completion.

Keith MacDonald
Helios Software Solutions
jeffy

Post by jeffy »

WHEN WHEN WHEN???

Just kidding.

That's exciting, Keith. Thanks for the update. :' )
CJ

Post by CJ »

I must say, that is most excellent news. :D

As mentioned before by others, it's just a small feature but extremely useful. Hearing it from the horse's mouth is very inspiring. Yeah!!