Consider a poll...

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

How important is it to you, to have this feature implemented into future versions of TextPad?

Important, even if the size/efficiency of TextPad increases/degrades
25%
Somewhat important
50%
I'm okay either way
25%
Somewhat unimportant
No votes
Unimportant, even if the size/efficiency of TextPad remains unaffected
No votes

Total votes: 4

jeffy

Consider a poll...

Post by jeffy »

When posting your idea to this forum, consider putting a poll along with your message. This generic question should be good:

How important is it to you, to have this feature implemented into future versions of TextPad?
--- Important, even if the size/efficiency of TextPad increases/degrades
--- Somewhat important
--- I'm okay either way
--- Somewhat unimportant
--- Unimportant, even if the size/efficiency of TextPad remains unaffected

This will help gague the general feelings on priority of interests.

Thanks! :' )
CJ

Re: Consider a poll...

Post by CJ »

jeffy wrote:When posting your idea to this forum, consider putting a poll along with your message....

This will help gague the general feelings on priority of interests.
Thank you very much for the suggestion. :D
jeffy

Post by jeffy »

I am sorry it is inconvenient to add a poll each time. I'm currently researching how to automatically have the poll form filled out for you. It is not a trivial task. Any PHP/phpbb people out there willing to chip in?

I am currently working on an application to analyze all enhancement request polls, and will post a summary of the relative rankings for every suggestion in this form, on a periodic basis. It will also provide a history of this summary.

If you want your enhancement suggestion to take part in this summary analysis, ensure that it *has* a poll, and that it follows this standard:

Code: Select all

A question asking, basically, "how much do you want this feature implemented in future versions of TextPad?"
     ( ) Vote representing most severe interest
     ( ) Vote representing significant interest
     ( ) Vote representing "no strong feelings"
     ( ) Vote representing significant disinterest
     ( ) Vote representing most severe disinterest
There must be five options, ordered top to bottom, from most to least interest. Any posts not following these rules will have to be excluded. Sorry.

Again, thanks for the effort in providing this poll in your posting! It is a great tool to giving everyone--especially Helios' developers!--a good idea of what TextPad users really want.

:)
tygrus78

Off topic

Post by tygrus78 »

How many of theses suggestions have actually been implemented, being developed and being ignored ?

Is Helios doing any development ?

OT: Should more of the smaller groups of software developers amalgamate to gain economies of scale-> share resources, share code, share marketing, share management->increase speed of development for lower cost, increase sales revenue while reducing product prices.